MontanaLibrary2Go - Kindles and e-readers
How to use Libby with a Kindle Fire
At the time of this article Amazon has not included the Libby App in the Amazon App Store.
There are two alternate ways to access Libby content with a Kindle Fire.
1. The simplest way to access Libby content on a Kindle, computer or any tablet with browsing capabilities is to open the browser and navigate to www.libbyapp.com
. This is the Libby website and will provide full access to the same Libby content provided through the app.
2. For those who wish to avoid using the browser and would still prefer to have the Libby app it can be sideloaded with an android package file. The download link and instructions are available here: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/0481.html
Please note the following information and disclaimers from Overdrive:
- The Libby APK is supported on Fire tablets with Fire OS 5+. Your downloading steps may vary slightly depending on your device’s generation and operating system version.
- Some users may have trouble installing APKs due to device settings, available storage, or other apps running in the background. If you have trouble downloading the APK, please contact the device manufacturer for more help.
- OverDrive does not permit the distribution of the Libby APK on any websites other than OverDrive’s websites. Do not install any APK claiming to be from OverDrive from any website other than overdrive.com.
- OverDrive is not responsible for any data loss or damage to your device that may result from downloading the Libby APK\
- The Libby APK is for your personal use only, and its availability is subject to change.
Using ereaders (non-tablet)
Overdrive provides guides for common ereaders and general instructions to help users with other ereaders.
MontanaLibrary2Go - Libby - Extras
What are Extras? Through one time ARPA funding the Montana State Library is able to provide access to Extras through the free Libby app until June of 2023. These Extras include Universal Class, Method Learning and The Great Courses. You'll find the ...
MontanaLibrary2Go - Libby App
After February 2022 the Overdrive app will no longer be available in App stores and you will be directed to use Libby. Don’t worry, you can still access the same growing collection of eBooks and Audiobooks selected just for you by MontanaLibrary2Go. ...
OverDrive Marketplace - Opening a Support Ticket
If the support articles on https://help.overdrive.com/ have not provided an answer to a patron's technical support question for MontanaLibrary2Go, please open a support ticket via OverDrive Marketplace. To open a support ticket with OverDrive: 1. ...
MontanaLibrary2Go Selection Procedure: Visual guide
Please see the attached PDF for a document containing these steps
To find answers to technical support questions, library staff and patrons can consult the OverDrive Help website: https://help.overdrive.com/ Ways to use OverDrive Help: 1. Search for a specific issue (ex. my audiobook won’t download to my iphone) ...